Mukesh Ambani is the richest man in India and the 6th richest man in the world. And, he has the most expensive house in the world. Antilia – that’s what the structure’s named – has become one of the most famous buildings in the country and we won’t be surprised if it was pulling in more eyeballs than the Taj Mahal and Qutub Minar.
The Ambani house has been a hot topic of conversation for many a people and although quite a few written about it, there are still a few things that may have escaped your attention.
For instance, did you know that spread over 400,000-square feet, Antilia: most expensive house in the world covers more space than the famous Palace of Versailles in France? Or that while on paper it is 27 stories high, its actual height is closer to that of a 40-story building. In fact, in 2011, the Ambanis spent more than 70 lakhs on their electricity bill – and that’s just for just two months!!
Don’t retrieve your jaw from the floor yet. Here are a few other facts that will make your mouth drop open over and over again.
1. Antilia has 6 floors dedicated just to cars. There is enough space to accommodate 168 cars in this building! On the seventh floor, the Ambanis have their own car service station while up on the roof, there are 3 helipads.
2. The house (if you can refer to a structure like that by a humble name like ‘house’) is a self-contained unit. Beginning with the lobby that has 9 elevators, Antilia has a spa, temple, ballroom (complete with gold and glass chandelier), private cinema, yoga studio, an ice cream room, several swimming pools, and a 2-story recreation center. There is also a snow room that showers artificial snowflakes on you! Just the place you’d want to head to when Mumbai’s heat becomes overpowering.
3. Antilia is serviced by a staff of over 600 people! The Ambanis take care of their employees and have an entourage room where they are allowed to relax and unwind.
4. Although there doesn’t seem to be space for it, Antilia also has a beautiful hanging garden. Intelligently designed, this garden does more than add to the building’s aesthetic appeal. The plants have been carefully selected to act as energy saving devices that absorb sunlight and keep the building cool.
Add a dash of orange to make your room instantly cheerful like this room of Antilia!
5. The house has been designed in a way that no two floors are similar to each other. The décor and the materials used to make the interior are exclusive to that particular floor and they haven’t been repeated anywhere in the building. Talk about style and opulence!
Check out addresshome.com world-class luxury home décor brand for over six years now and counting. A powerhouse of contemporary chic, the brand creates its own signature lines and themed collections and curates the very best in high-end international décor from bed linen to vases, dining & more. All things Address Home are lauded and loved for their unique aesthetic, bold design sensibility and peerless quality. The Brand’s genre-defying take on the décor zeitgeist blends baroque with the Bauhaus, the edgy with the elegant and clutter-breaking cool with urbane chic. From the antiqued modernism of our Nizam Collection to the less-is-more aesthetic of our Izmir line, the boldest and brightest in home décor is now yours to bring home.