We all look at magazine spreads of beautiful homes and artistically set dining tables and keep thinking to ourselves how wonderful it would be if we could recreate the same elegance for our own home.
And you know what, you can! It’s not as difficult as it looks at all, and these few guidelines will help you dress up your dining table and create a stunning effect!
● If possible, position your dining table near to a window, preferably one with a view, so your guests can enjoy the cool breeze and the beautiful sights as they eat.
● When choosing a table runner, make sure it’s bigger than the dining table. Use linen or cotton table runner as these fabrics stretch to fully cover your dining table.
● If your tablecloth has a patterned design, keep the china moderately plain. Similarly, if you’re serving on a fancy dinner set, use a simple tablecloth.
● If you are planning to have a flower arrangement at the center of the table, choose flowers that are at least 15-20 inches high. Do not to use strongly scented flowers like roses or orchids as that may affect the aroma of the food.
● The same applies to candles. Candlelight dinners are really elegant, but you should avoid using scented candles as their fragrance could overwhelm the delicious aroma of the food.
● To keep things simple and minimalistic, you can decorate the table with ornate napkin rings or just use ribbons to hold the flower stems.
● Elegance does not mean having the same color throughout. You can use contrasting colors or mix-and-match idea for laying your dinner table and still achieve a chic look. For instance, you could use white porcelain plates, but bring in a dash of color in the cutlery or accessories for a more vibrant feel.
Do not be afraid of experimenting and trying out new themes for dining occasions in your home. Your guests will love it and you will have a fun time putting the affaire together.
Courtseys: houzz,theitaliandish,designconnectdirectory,happywedd, pintrest, maltot, umdocedia